The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences provides local, national, and international leadership through its educational, scholarship, and community partnership programs. The College is committed to enhancing quality of life in the Inland Southern California and the global community at large through its varied educational and research activities.
- Maintain an academic community that values and supports undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning, both in and out of the classroom.
- Value and promote scholarship as a regular activity of academic life by encouraging scholarly activity.
- Foster contacts with the community that increases and strengthens collaboration on projects of mutual interest.
- Enhance learning opportunities situated in the community, such as internships, problem-based learning contexts, and community service-learning compacts with alumni, local business, and government agencies.
- Attract students with a diversity of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds. We will develop discipline-based linkages with community colleges and K-12 schools.
- Engage in an active development effort.