Applications for admission for Fall 2020 become available October 1, 2019 on the Cal State Apply web portal
MSW Information Sessions are not mandatory but are strongly encouraged for those that want to submit a strong application. Information Sessions schedule
New students are admitted into our MSW Program only in the fall term of each academic year.
|Quarter||Application Opens||MSW Application Priority Deadline||MSW Application Close Date||Deadline To access Application in csu apply|
|Fall 2020||October 1, 2019||January 15th, 2020*||Once slots are full and before July 8th, 2020||July 8th, 2020 OR when slots are full; whichever comes first|
|Fall 2021||October 1, 2020||January 15th, 2021*||Once slots are full and before July 8th, 2021||July 8th, 2021|
* Applications may still be accepted after that date if openings in the program are still available. All completed applications submitted by the deadline will have priority in consideration for admission to the program over those submitted after the deadline. It is recommended that you discuss available program options with MSW Admissions at the School of Social Work if you are applying after the priority deadline.
Decisions regarding admission into the MSW Graduate Program are emailed to prospective students beginning in early Spring.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Applicants must apply both to the University and the School of Social Work for consideration. Cal State Apply is the host for the University application and the School of Social Work MSW Program application.
Begin application online at Cal State Apply.
Tips and Instructions for Cal State Apply
- Program: Select Campus – San Bernardino
- Start Term: Select Fall 2020
|If choosing to attend classes on campus:||If choosing the online option; Pathway Distance Education|
|Select “Campus”||Select: “Extended Education”|
|Degree Option: “San Bernardino Graduate”
“Social Work” or “Social Work and Public Administration Concurrent Degree”
|Degree Option: “San Bernardino Extension”
Choose: Social Work – Pathway Distance Education
There is great deal of information requested on the application. Sections in “Personal Information”, “Academic History”, and “Supporting Information” ask for a great deal of information that the School of Social Work does not review as part of your Master of Social Work Application. However, you will still need to go into each area and click to bypass through these sections. (GPA, evaluation, statement of purpose, etc.). The section in the program materials provide all the documents required for submitting a complete Master of Social Work application.
- All MSW Graduate Program Application instructions, documents, and forms are within the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply.
- A completed application will consist of the following submitted Program Materials:
- Practical Experience Form
- Field Practicum of Understanding
- Field Application Requirement Form (if applicable)
- Personal Statement & Vignettes
- MSW Prerequisites Course Sheet
- Title IV-E documents ( ONLY if applying to Title IV-E Child Welfare Stipend Program)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Graduate Social Work Program Recommendation (completed by 3 references) No Recommendation Letter is required or can be accepted.
- Responses to Program Preference & Option & Field Education Questions
- Additional Personal Statement ( ONLY if applying to Pathway Distance Education)
- Concurrent Application (ONLY if applying to Concurrent Degree Program)
** If applicable
For detailed instructions and access to documents, visit the Program Materials section in Cal State Apply.
If you have questions, please contact Melinda Corral in the School of Social Work MSW Office, at (909) 537-5557or send an email to email@example.com.
CSUSB will contact you regarding official transcripts.