Welcome to the CSUSB Model United Nations & Model Arab League Programs
The CSUSB Model United Nations (MUN) and Model Arab League (MAL) Programs are two academic programs housed in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies within the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at California State University, San Bernardino. The MUN and MAL Programs provide students with insight into global affairs, diplomacy, and the United Nations system and the League of Arab States. The programs prepare students for a variety of career paths by helping students develop their soft skills set -- including (but not limited to) public speaking, writing, interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, conflict resolution skills, research skills and leadership skills. Due to the successes of both program and its participants, CSUSB MUN and MAL Programs is used as a model for other MUN and MAL programs around the globe.
The CSUSB MUN Program annually participates in the National Model UN Conferences held in New York City and at a variety of international sites (including South Korea, Czech Republic, and Canada. It has participated in Model UN conferences globally for the past three decades. The CSUSB MAL Program has participated for nearly two decades in Model Arab League Conferences throughout the United States.
- For more details concerning the MUN and MAL Programs, see the Overview
- If you are interested in becoming a part of the CSUSB MUN and MAL Programs, explore Join MUN/MAL
- For more details concerning the process used to prepare students for MUN and MAL Conferences, go to Preparing for Conferences
- To see the current outstanding CSUSB students who are a part of the MUN and MAL Program, look at Current Teams
- For greater insight into where CSUSB MUN and MAL alumni have gone educationally and professionally after CSUSB, see Our Alumni